Curriculum Vitae of Evgeny Gerashchenko (also in PDF and docx)
- 2005 – Present. Saint Petersburg State University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics.
Information Technologies and Programming Department. Computer Technologies Subdepartment. Obtaining master's degree.
- 2000 – 2005. 8th Lyceum, Pavlodar, Kazakhstan (mathematics and computer science specialized class).
Various diplomas at city, regional and republican olympiads in informatics, participating in republican trainings.
2005 – the first place at Kazakhstan Republican Olympiad in Informatics,
the third degree diploma at All-Russian Team School Olympiad in Programming.
- October 2009 – Present. Java/Meta Developer at JetBrains, Saint Petersburg, Russia.
JetBrains MPS (Meta Programming System).
Key duty: version control systems integration development and maintaining (including changes highlighting and
versional annotating in structural editor). Other tasks: XML manipulation language, model checker utility,
virtual file system refactoring, various usability improvements.
- February 2009 – November 2009. Teacher at
Saint Petersburg State University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics. Teaching on C and Java programming courses.
- February 2009 – May 2009. Private teacher, self-employed. Various programming lessons.
- September 2007 – September 2008. Intern Java Developer at Sun Microsystems,
Saint Petersburg, Russia. Developing Technology Compatibility Kit (TCK) Tools,
mostly SigTest, Java library API comparison tool.
- Programming languages: Java (Java SE 5, 6, Java EE 5), Python, C/C++ (STL, Win32 API), PHP.
- Other languages: HTML, XML, CSS, SQL, TeX.
- Protocols: HTTP, RPC (XML-RPC, JSON-RPC), Ajax basics.
- Web frameworks: Django, J2EE 5 (Tomcat, JavaServer Faces, JDBC).
- Development process aspects: version control, issue tracking, continuous integration, unit testing, refactoring, documenting.
- Algorithms, design patterns, concurrency.
- Fluent informal and technical English.
Hobbies and personal interests
Photography, music architecture.